The Startling Numbers Behind Motorcycle Accidents

The Startling Numbers Behind Motorcycle Accidents

The Startling Numbers Behind Motorcycle AccidentsEvery year, millions of motorcycle drivers ride every day without being involved in an accident. While you can ride your whole life and never be in a motorcycle crash, the reality is that operating a motorcycle is much more dangerous when compared to driving a car. Despite some claims by motorcycle enthusiasts that a skilled […]

via The Personal Injury Blog – The Injury HelpLine:

Every year, millions of motorcycle drivers ride every day without being involved in an accident. While you can ride your whole life and never be in a motorcycle crash, the reality is that operating a motorcycle is much more dangerous when compared to driving a car.Despite some claims by motorcycle enthusiasts that a skilled and properly trained motorcycle operator is less likely to be injured than the average car driver, driving or riding on a motorcycle is an inherently dangerous activity. Consider the following differences between cars and motorcycles.The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, or NHTSA, reports that out of every 100,000 cars on the road, 13.1 are involved in fatal crashes each year. The NHTSA also reports that out of every 100,000 motorcycles on the road, 72.34 of them are involved in fatal crashes every year. That means that you are more than 5 times as likely to be involved in a fatal crash when driving a motorcycle than when driving a car. For every 100 million miles travelled, cars involved in 1.7 crashes, while motorcycles are involved in 35. If you are involved in a car accident you have a 20 percent chance of being injured or killed. If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident you have an 80 percent chance of being injured or killed. Motorcycle CrashesMotorcycle operators are not only more likely to be involved in an accident, but those accidents also have distinct characteristics that make them more dangerous. They are also more likely to affect specific types of drivers.In crashes involving a motorcycle and another type of vehicle, such as a car or pick-up truck, motorcycle drivers are 26 times more likely to suffer an injury or die as a result of the collision. …

For more info: The Startling Numbers Behind Motorcycle Accidents

The Personal Injury Blog – The Injury HelpLine

The Startling Numbers Behind Motorcycle Accidents

Utilizzando il sito, accetti l'utilizzo dei cookie da parte nostra. maggiori informazioni

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close